Jeffery Mark Davis, Baldwin, Wisconsin

Baldwin, Wisconsin

Yellow Extension Cord with NEMA 5-15 plug and ...
Image via Wikipedia
I didn't think on much of how my dad came to be my dad but I'm thankful that he is. I spent most of my life going from one church meeting to another abiding in his love for working with the Lord...I should say he's been a laity member of the congregation for nearly 12 years. Yes, my dad, Walter Daniel Davis, is perhaps the most talented man I had ever known. Dad said he got all his skills by the grace of God, and he's eternally thankful for the wonderful life he'd been given through the Lord's strong and mighty hand.

I'd witness my dad's loving power coupled with the Lord's glorious privilege to all life's adversities while following along in my own father's foot steps. I became a saved person in Christ through that one man's attentions to total forgiveness and absolute patience. Always showing love and tender compassion, I saw old time miracles happen with the power of love for the one God. W. D. Davis is a quiet man, patterned or standard, who's only desire is to serve that Lord. Yes, he taught me to follow in a distinct and accountable nature by living examples of the loving Christ...the grand exemplar to our continuing strength.

There wasn't a time that I didn't see dad at some task or another. He even redesigned the chapel area in one church with silky sheets of pastel material that hung in the bellows of the common room's tall ceilings. Another time he removed all the trimmings that ran around a church's entrance wall when the style changed 10 years ago only to add them again two years later when the dumb stuff came right back into style again. What a miracle man he is.  As a layman in a church he could do just about anything that was affordable! Why once, and by himself, he wired the entire upper floor of the four story cathedral for a community Christmas special...and he did it with an extension cord! Jesus made a wonderful friend in my daddy for me...I will bless the Lord always for this given and wonderful friend...my devoted parent Walter Davis.

Sometimes there are good guys in church. My dad is one such person. I found my way to the Lord Almighty just following in my dad's foot steps. Thanks CTC for this opportunity to say this about my father and the One Great and Merciful Daddy up above.