Destiny Lorne, South Dakota

South Dakota

I find Jesus in the meadows on a long country walk one late September afternoon. As a medical doctor I would need to refresh my thoughts and to find peace of mind from the busy and hectic paces of a private, patient practice. One of the resources I now use is just going on a long nature walk into soft, flowering meadows. In the fall the field are filled with late summer blossoms. Stepping into the season's abundant grasses, I had seen the garden of Christ for the first time. I started pushing my way into the a life with Christ among the growing array of nature's wild abundance. The sounds of crickets, beetles, and gnats crackled at my ears while the whistle in the wind play a merry tone, and I'd walked rhyming with them. I 'd just let my mind drift into the air. Breathing in the scents of the drying blossoms I'd languor along through the tall, dark green blades while gently dragging my hands over the top of each prickly edge of their slender long shoots. I found my God and my Lord among one of nature's most beautiful surroundings...on a long country walk. I remember The Holy Spirit gently nudging me into the soft meadow the first day, and I walked releasing my tensions until finally I seen the Lord standing there. Praise Jesus for He reigns! Today I thank the Lord for finding me to be worthy to be His child. I will always walk with You. Amen