Morgan Wence, Toledo, Ohio

Toledo, Ohio

I became acquainted with Jesus by the relentless teamwork of my kids on their first research term paper. My oldest needed the paper for junior high school class. The four of them worked together like pros...they didn't side-stepped the assignment but searched out the required information, and professionally tallied the results while never sounding out at their other, fighting for control, or seeking a personal glory when the job was done. The reason...well, they said, "to get this paper done we're going to be like Jesus and his twelve apostles."

They began the morning's spiritual, educational event with a brief prayer to the Lord. Then quickly the three of them started on their individual research tasks while my oldest, who was needing the term paper, sat at the computer and typed each new retrieval the other three little research technicians dictated to him. Upon finishing the first ruff draft, the four of them circled around the desktop home computer, and each, in turn, gave a quick, meaningful "Amen".

I watched them all from my own comfortable chair by the den's door. Listening to the sounds coming from a busy work load inside our home/office den, I heard a church's Sunday School approach to their activities. Church!..the place where kids go to learn about God and Jesus, baptism, and going to heaven. I never thought I would place heaven on earth until I saw my four kids working like little apostles directed by their personal Lord Jesus. I became a Christ believer that day just watching the four of them worked together to designed a class-A term paper. They gathered the information and live in that small den room for a few hours all under the direction of a powerful, personal messenger named Jesus Christ.

I just wanted to share with you that little home study event became of its life-saving properties. For the price of a few small nickles that each of my kids give on Sunday morning they returned back home responsible, thoughtful, and loving children working together for the common good. I see a beauty in those four wonderful kids who truly love the Lord, I mean truly, fully love the Lord. They wanted to work by His side just like the apostles did; and, I'm sure, the Apostles still do in heaven.

Finally, I want to add, without knowing it those four Wence kids saved their own mother on that beautiful day. "Amen Jesus!..and, a really good job on raising my kids with me." M. Wence