Walter Winkleman, Pottsville, Arizonia

Pottsville, Arizonia

The stories at Coming To Christ are so strong in my heart. I love the way the people who write to you express themselves and how they are filled with the love of the Lord Jesus. I had a very similar experience to many of the testimonies that I wanted to share some thing that happened to me. I had troubles back then, but it was the God of heaven that pulled me through it. I want to tell you my little story now.

There I was tussling with the large paper folded in half while I read the letters on page 15. 'Small town burger joint is sued over burger's similar name' was all over the headlines. I crumpled up the newspaper and through it against the wall, stomped around the living room squashing a Styrofoam container under my foot that was full of cold french fries . Tumbling the mess onto the carpet, I remember I was really peeved about what I had read.

'Sammie's and Sammo's Red Hot Burger," looked completely different to me...at the time. I liked the name of the burger to much I had to use it at my own drive through burger palace, and put it on the list of burgers I have for sale. But the other burger house came after me with the law, and big time too. I even tried to laugh them off taunting the newspaper that was laying on the floor, "You tell me where you see the same name with the way I have mine...Ha-ha-ha." Regretfully, I didn't see at the time that I was wrong. With some effort he lawyers and I agreed to settle the matter with a few bucks and with my removing the burger from my burger palace list of items. The other guy had it first!

I started to pray to Jesus at that very moment. "Do you love me Lord. I love you. Can you hold me, I'll hold you. Can I use you Jesus, you can use me," I prayed endlessly. Jesus came through for me with it. This testimony may seem trite to some people but I learned that our Lord has a powerful hand in this world as He delivered me from the bonds of affliction.

The court costs were light because Jesus said to settle with the court...that's what I did. Honestly, and all totaled, it only cost me a few dollars more to settle up with the court and the other guy then then anything I'd made selling my Sammo burger with his ingredients on it. I felt blessed. I dedicate my community service to working for the good of Jesus who listened to my solemn prayer and tear-filled story. Jesus helped to me! Praise Jesus! He saved me, He'll save you. I was broke and my name was ruined, but, as promised, I'm using the Lord as my guide now. Praise Jesus again. Thank you I hope this short testimony tells you of the loving grace God can give you, and how he can save you too. Amen.

DQ french friesImage via Wikipedia
Enhanced by Zemanta